The Indian Festival is back in the form of the Indian Premier League as the star-studded tournament is set to resume after a small-layoff. The IPL is back for the second half and arch-rivals Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians square off to resume the second half of the tournament. Chennai Super Kings will be up against Mumbai Indians in the 30th match of the Indian Premier League at Dubai International Cricket Stadium. This will be the second meeting between the two heavyweights teams in this year’s IPL.
CSK had a solid run in the first half of the tournament. They won five out of their seven games and are placed second on the points table. One of their losses came against MI. CSK are looking a team to beat this season as their batting depth is amazing.
On the other hand, MI were a touch inconsistent. The Rohit Sharma-led side recorded four wins and suffered three losses. They are fourth on the points table and will be looking to make big jumps. MI have always had superior results against CSK in history of IPL.
The last game for these sides was actually against each other, with Mumbai Indians winning by 4 wickets. With that being said, a crackerjack of a match is on the cards.
CSK vs MI Dream11 Match Pitch Report :
The Dubai International Cricket Stadium Generally been a relatively high-scoring venue with ample help on offer for the pacers. There should be enough swing on offer early on to keep the batters on their toes. Both the teams will look to chase under the lights, with 171 being a good total at this venue.
Avg first innings score: 171 (26 matches in IPL 2020 at Dubai)
Record of chasing teams: Won – 10, Lost – 16, Tied – 0
Head-to-Head Records :
Played – 33 | Chennai Super Kings – 13 | Mumbai Indians– 20 |N/R – 0
In the UAE
Played – 3 | Chennai Super Kings – 2 | Mumbai Indians– 1 |N/R – 0
CSK vs MI Probable Playing XIs :
Chennai Super Kings :
- Chennai Super Kings had a forgettable campaign in the UAE last season as they failed to qualify for the playoff for the first time in the history of the league.
- However, the three-time champions roared back to their best as the tournament returned to India and saw themselves rise to second in the points table.
- Robin Uthappa can open the innings along with R Gaikwad in place of Faf Du Plessis who got injured during the CPL.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Robin Uthappa will probably open the inning for the CSK team.
- Moeen Ali, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu will form the middle order of the team.
- MS Dhoni (c & wk), Ravindra Jadeja will handle the lower order of the team.
- MS Dhoni will lead the CSK team as a Captain. He will also do wicket keeping for his team.
- Moeen Ali and Ravindra Jadeja will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Josh Hazlewood and Dwayne Bravo will lead the pace attack of the team.
Probable Playing XIs : Robin Uthappa, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Suresh Raina, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni (c and wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Josh Hazlewood
Mumbai Indians :
- They won their last two games before the suspension to remain in the playoff spots and will be aiming to cement their spot as the group stage proceeds.
- They would hope to start their UAE campaing by defeating the underdogs CSK who did not have good record in the last season here.
- Rohit Sharma and Quinton De Kock will probably open the inning for the Mumbai Indians team. Both are well known inning openers.
- Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan and Hardik Pandya will form the middle order.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the Mumbai Indians team as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman.
- Quinton De Kock will do the Wicket Keeping duty for his Mumbai Indians team.
- Krunal Pandya and Rahul Chahar will lead the spin attack of the team.
- Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult and Nathan Coulter-Nile will take care of the pace attack for his team.
Probable Playing XIs : Rohit Sharma (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Nathan Coulter Nile, Jasprit Bumrah, Rahul Chahar, Trent Boult
CSK vs MI Dream11 Match Must Pick Choices :
Rohit Sharma has been batting beautifully across all formats this year. In the first half of the IPL 2021, the MI skipper was his side’s leading run-getter. He amassed 250 runs and got a good score in almost every game. Thus, he will be a top option as fantasy captain.
Moeen Ali was excellent in the initial phase of this tournament. The England off-spinning all-rounder scored 206 runs while striking at 157.25 and also took five wickets. Moreover, he did well in The Hundred and T20 Blast as well.
Suryakumar Yadav can be backed as vice-captain. The MI No. 3 was a touch inconsistent in the first half but he batted really well in the series against Sri Lanka. He had scores of 31*, 53, 40 (ODIs) and 50 (T20I).
Ravindra Jadeja will be a top all-round option. The left-handed all-rounder has aggregated 131 runs at a strike-rate of 161.72. Moreover, with the ball, he has taken six wickets at an economy rate of 6.70.
Quinton De Kock
Quinton de Kock is going to be a popular wicket-keeping pick. The left-handed South African wicket-keeper batsman looked scratchy in the first half of this tournament. But he has been in top form recently and amassed 153 runs against Sri Lanka in three T20Is.
Jasprit Bumrah bowled really well in the first half of this 2021 season. But the ace Indian pacer did not have the returns to show. He took six wickets at an economy rate of 7.11.
Rahul Chahar has been in top form with the ball. The MI leg-spinner returned with 11 wickets at an average of 18.36 and has an economy rate of 7.21. He will be a key bowler for MI once again.
Ruturaj Gaikwad has been quite impressive for CSK in the last couple of seasons. He struck three successive half-centuries to end IPL 2020 and has scored 196 runs at a strike-rate of 126.80 in the current season so far.
For Live analysis of the teams and match. Dont forget to Join our YouTube Channel before toss of every IPL match. Kumar508 YouTube .
CSK vs MI Important Player Battles :
1) Ruturaj Gaikwad vs
Trent Boult – 4(9) : 2W
2) Moeen Ali vs
Jasprit Bumrah – 30(26) : 2W
Trent Boult – 28(32) : 1W
3) Suresh Raina vs
Kieron Pollard : 94(56) : 3W
Jasprit Bumrah : 50(36) : 2W
Trent Boult : 18(13) : 1W
4) Quinton De Kock vs
Moeen Ali – 37(29) : 4W
Josh Hazlewood : 83(106) : 7W
DJ Bravo : 25(22) : 2W
5) Rohit Sharma vs
Deepak Chahar – 35(29) : 2W
Ravindra Jadeja : 83(80) : 3W
DJ Bravo : 82(72) : 5W
6) Suryakumar Yadav vs
Ravindra Jadeja – 41(53) : 3W
CSK vs MI Match Predictions :
- Mumbai Indians to win this game.
- Don’t Drop Jasprit Bumrah and Trent Boult in any conditions.
- Rohit Sharma to score good runs. (expecting 50+)
- Moeen Ali is a must pick player in your fantasy team. Can make C/VC
- Quinton De Kock / Suryakumar yadav to score runs.
- Suresh Raina can be a good trump card pick.
CSK vs MI Dream11 Teams :
Here are some Old and New teams for MI vs CSK Dream11 today match prediction. We have also included Dream teams of last year’s MI vs CSK Dream11 matches.
1) CSK vs MI Dream11 Dream Team :
2) CSK vs MI DREAM11 Grand League Teams :
Kindly share your CSK vs MI Dream11 today match prediction and Let us know in the comment section how much you like this preview by kumar508.